2012 Triumph STREET TRIPLE
1 Just In!
The icon. Redefined.
Speed Triple. Real world performance for riders who know. The definitive streetfighter. The benchmark. The best. In a word. Legend.
Triumph has taken all that’s good about the Speed Triple and created a brand new model. A new chapter in the legacy. All-new chassis is the sharpest tool in the box. And that 1050cc triple. Oh yes, the engine. And the look? Short. Stubby. Aggressive. Twin headlights. Single sided swingarm. Alloy bars. Pure Speed Triple. Improved.
All-new chassis and riding position inspires total confidence with light and precise handling that is perfectly balanced for an incredibly planted and stable ride.
Triumph’s trademark twin headlights, single-sided swingarm and high-level exhaust have all been restyled for a more aggressive and contemporary look, as well as improved performance, while the soulful 1050cc triple has been refined and uprated with 7% more torque for an even more engaging experience.
The Speed Triple sports the kind of specification you would expect from a top-of-the-range naked sportster. Track derived specification includes four-piston Brembo brakes for eye-popping stopping power, fat alloy handlebars, fully-adjustable 43mm upside down forks for maximum control and a comprehensive instrumentation that includes lap timer and programmable gear shift light.
- Engine: Liquid cooled 12-valve DOHC in-line three-cylinder 1,050cc engine. Max torque. Max pulling power. 1050cc triple delivers a punch unlike any other. More torque and greater refinement than ever.
- Frame: Design and function. All-new twin-tube over engine design is carefully sculpted to accentuate the styling while delivering class leading agility and stability in one package.
- Styling: Twin headlamps up front are a new interpretation of the classic ‘bug-eye’ look while classic Speed Triple cues remain throughout, including single-sided swingarm, twin pipes and that stubby, aggressive stance.
- Security and Safety: Coded key immobiliser comes as standard. Sophisticated ABS and tire pressure monitors are options for first time on a Speed Triple.
- Type: Liquid-cooled, 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- Capacity: 1050cc
- Bore/Stroke: 79.0 x 71.4mm
- Fuel System: Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Exhaust: Stainless Steel 3 into 1 into 2, twin high level stainless steel pipes.
- Final Drive: X ring chain
- Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
- Gearbox: 6-speed
- Oil Capacity: 3.8 liters (1.0 US gals)
- Frame: Aluminum beam twin-spar
- Swingarm: Single-sided, aluminum alloy with eccentric chain adjuster
- Front Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy multi-spoke 17 x 3.5in
- Rear Wheel: Cast aluminum alloy multi-spoke 17 x 6.0in
- Front Tire: 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire: 190/55 ZR 17
- Front Suspension: Showa 43mm upside down forks with adjustable rebound and compression damping, 120mm travel
- Rear Suspension: Showa Monoshock with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 130mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes: Twin 320mm floating discs, Brembo 4-piston 4-pad radial calipers, (ABS model available)
- Rear Brakes: Single 255mm disc, Nissin single 2-piston sliding caliper, (ABS model available)
- Instrument Display/Functions: LCD multi-functional instrument pack with digital speedometer, fuel gauge, trip computer, analogue tachometer, lap timer, programmable gear change lights, service interval announcement display, TPMS ready
- Length: 2086mm (82.1in)
- Width (handlebars): 728mm (28.6)
- Height without mirrors: 1033mm (40.6in)
- Seat Height: 825mm (32.5in)
- Wheelbase: 1435mm (56.5in)
- Rake/Trail: 22.8º / 90.9mm
- Fuel Tank Capacity / Efficiency: 17.5 liters (4.6 US gals)
- Wet Weight (ready to ride): 214 kg (471 lbs)
- Maximum Power: 135PS / 133bhp / 99 kW @ 9400rpm
- Maximum Torque: 111Nm / 81.9 ft.lbs @ 7750rpm
- Fuel Efficiency: 34 MPG City / 50 MPG Highway
- Engine Type
- 12 valve, DOHC, in-line 3-cylinder
- 1050 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 79.0 x 71.4 mm
- Fuel System
- Multipoint sequential electronic fuel injection with SAI
- Front Suspension
- Showa 43 mm upside down forks with adjustable rebound and compression damping, 120 mm travel
- Rear Suspension
- Showa Monoshock with adjustable preload, rebound and compression damping, 130 mm rear wheel travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin 320 mm floating discs, Brembo 4-piston 4-pad radial calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single 255 mm disc, Nissin single 2-piston sliding caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 56.5 in. (1435 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.5 in. (825 mm)
- 22.8 deg.
- 90.9 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal. (17.5 L)
- City: 34 mpg; Highway: 50 mpg
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 471 lb. (214 kg)
- Final Drive
- X ring chain
- Standard: Digital
- Standard: Analog
- Phantom Black, Crystal White, Diablo Red
- 2 Year unlimited mileage